Monday 5 November 2012

Mathmatical Problem Solivng

In our maths lecture today we learnt about error checking, error correction, Barcodes and QR codes. It was really important for me to understand these mathematical problems, as I have an assignment which is given to me next week about this.

At first, I did find it quite difficult to understand how to find the check Digit of a Barcode, because I have never done this before, but before the lecture finished, I did have a rough idea of how to solve these problems. However, I still think I need more practise at this, so at one point this week, I am going to revise and read through my maths book to get a better idea of how to do these mathematical problems. I might even look at random Barcodes and find the check digit number on that. This will be a great way to revise and to make sure I can really do it, before next week, when actually I start my assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment